6 August 2014

UNDERSTANDING THE CLOUD WITH CUPCAKES...

I love cupcakes. I love baking them and I love eating them...
I also love finding analogies trying to explain relatively complex (or simple but little understood) concepts using everyday situations. And today was my cupcake day, and a few friends last week asked me to explain how "The Cloud" works, so I just put two and two together and came up with a simple picture...


For the purists, I have used the Cloud Reference Model developed by the Cloud Security Alliance. I have also added the Human Resources layer even though that is not strictly speaking part of the reference model, but I thought it useful when looking at responsibilities. The rest simply comes from my own cupcake baking knowledge, such as it is... (and yes, before you ask, I do take my own cake baking implements when on self-catering holidays, you just never know, do you?...).


http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/b1/d6/d6/b1d6d637e677749648b960253a565fe4.jpg

There you are. Hope you like it. And if you're interested in how to secure the cloud, have a look at this earlier post of mine...

I think I could even be tempted to look at Cloud Deployment Models (community, public, hybrid, private) in the same way (but somebody else already did that)...

Until next time,
neirajones

No comments:

Post a Comment